I saw these cookies made recently on the ABC TV show The Chew. I’m normally not a sweet-and-salty type person, but these cookies looked yummy. It also gave me the idea to just add some crushed potato chips into the batter of regular chocolate chip cookies. 🙂
Anyway, this Potato Chip Cookie recipe is by Carla Hall.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 12 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
- 1 cup butter ( softened)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup potato chips, Crushed plus an additional 1/2 Cup for Garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- confectioners’ sugar ( for dusting)
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( melted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add the 3/4 cup potato chips and mix until incorporated, and then add the vanilla, and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the flour and mix until just combined — do not over mix the dough!
- Use a spoon to scoop small 1-inch balls of dough onto a lightly greased sheet pan, spacing them at least two inches apart. Dust each of the cookies with a bit of confectioners sugar, and press flat.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown, and allow to cool. Dip each of the cookies in melted chocolate. While the chocolate is still soft, roll the cookies in crushed potato chips. Allow to set before serving.
Recipe Source: TheChew.com